Everything you need to make matcha in the ceremonial way.
Everything you need to make a ceremonial matcha in either the Koicha or Usucha styles.
This set contains:
- 1 Bamboo Chasen Whisk. Hand carved from a single piece of bamboo, these 100 prong chasen are superb for whisking and create a creamy froth as well.
- 1 Ceramic Chawan Tea Bowl for preparing and drinking matcha. Choose from three colours available (see images)
- 1 Bamboo Chasaku Scoop. For perfectly portioning your matcha. 1 scoop = approx 1 gram.
- 1 Stainless steel sieve. Important for removing any lumps in the powder and creating a smooth beverage.
- 1 Ceremonial Grade Matcha. A 30g tin of either our Organic Matcha or our Premium Uji Matcha.
Preparing matcha in the traditional way involves sifting the powder into your bowl, then whisking with a small amount of warm water (water that is too hot releases tannins that will produce bitterness) to create a creamy, frothy liquor.
The ratio of powder to water can vary. Traditionally there are two ways: The first is very strong and thick – like the consistency of honey – and is made by mixing 1tsp of matcha with 1.5 shots (40ml) of hot water. This is known as koicha.
The second way is much thinner and weaker, with a 1/2tsp of matcha being mixed with around 2.5 shots (75ml) hot water – basically doubling the liquid and halving the powder of the first method. This is known as usucha.
Everyone has their own taste though and you’ll quickly determine what works for you without the need for precise measurements.
|Dimensions||23 x 17 x 10 cm|
Black, Blue, Brown